To know the unknowable till faith turns to sight. To be ruined for every other contesting love.”
I was in my car for 10 hours today.
Cool.
Ha. No, it really wasn’t that bad. It’s just funny. I really like traveling. A lot can happen in 10 hours. Like seeing nearly the entire state of Florida. :)
But a lot happened in my heart in those 10 hours. I started out feeling discouraged, to be honest. Asking God to show me some “whys”.
To show me why I’ve had to experience some of the things I have. To show me some tangible answers to my questions. To show me why some of my prayers are still “unanswered”.
But here I sit, at the end of those 10 hours, and I don’t have all the answers and all my heart’s desires haven’t been fulfilled.
Yet, I believe in the promise. I’m in this thing for the long haul. And I really do believe God’s timing is way better than mine. And that sometimes prayers seem unanswered, but no, they’re just answered differently than expected.
During my drive, I literally went back and tried to remember all the times God has been faithful in my life. EVERY time! Naw duh.
But seriously, I just kept being reminded of situations and life circumstances that I didn’t understand or didn’t plan, and God more than took care of it! And me!
I also really believe there is something powerful in saying “Thank You” when you’re really discouraged or upset…when it seems like there’s nothing to be thankful for. Just start saying it. And you can think of a million things to be thankful for! Even if you’re reading this and you have no belief in God or anything – just try it. It helps, promise. You can always find one thing to be thankful for.
Check out this song while you’re at it. “Thank You” – Hillsong Live (A Beautiful Exchange)
Today I was just floored by the people in my life. I am so so thankful for some really special people. I have friends who are eating Ramen noodles for dinner so they can save money to help me go to Kenya. Whaa?!!
And not to mention the more than generous gifts I’ve been given by some of my friends, who are young, just starting out, and don’t have some huge cushion in their savings account.
Your lives serve as a challenge to me! A challenge to truly live as a disciple, trusting God for the next day’s needs. So encouraging!
“Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my house that you have brought me thus far”
2 Samuel 7:18
This isn’t where I thought this entry was going, but nonetheless, there ya have it.
I miss the mountains. Especially the Incline. I’m happy to say, I don’t think I took Pikes Peak for granted. ha
“Live simply so that others may simply live.”
Boom.
Tanice
No comments:
Post a Comment