"Sir." addressing the preacher,
'If I believed what you and the church of God
say they believe, even if England were
covered with broken glass from coast to coast,
I'd crawl there on my hands and knees just to save one soul.'
I look at this quote everyday.
It is posted in my office on the wall next to my desk on a little piece of paper shaped like Africa. :)
And I read it and then check my email, or begin the work for that day. Sometimes without even a second thought.
But can I say that I really mean that? What a picture that is painted for us...crawling, across England, on pieces of broken glass, bleeding, hurting. For one person? For one person to know and experience the love that has changed my life, the love that will change their life. The love that brings us from death to life, from darkness to light, from despair to joy, from nothing to completeness. Would I do it?
Am I willing to crawl on my hands and knees to share this gift, this truth?
Will I really go anywhere, forsake all, leave behind things I hold dear - for the sake of the Gospel?
Are we, as the Bride of Christ, willing?
By no means is this me saying everyone should leave their homes, move to africa or asia, live in poverty, etc etc.
Because I don't believe that's true.
But we can live with urgency, with "crawl on my hands and knees" urgency, wherever we are. Whoever we are near.
The call is the same whether we live in suburban America or the slums of Africa.
What a challenge that little piece of paper is in my life.
2 comments:
Tana - I've never read this - struck my heart - catching up on your posts - my heart & eyes are filled - praying for u precious one - love u - miss u but thankful u r where u r led to b -
thank you for these encouraging words!
but from your name alone, I'm not sure who you are?!
Post a Comment