Saturday, July 30, 2011

camp!

Well people, i'm off for the week.
I leave tomorrow morning with Heart of the Bride to help with a summer camp in Machakos, Kenya.
We are having camp for a group of orphans...children who have never experienced anything like "summer camp".
I am so pumped!!
Really looking forward to a week filled with watoto!!

In typical Tana fashion, I have yet to pack. I reeeeeally hate packing (that's why im updating this, instead of packing).
There's a few things in life I'm really good at - collecting a lot of useless and/or tacky things (ehemm staci payne & 14 toothpaste tubes) and waiting till the last minute to pack for trips.
I am who I am.
This week while I'm away, I'll celebrate my halfway mark of living in Kenya!! To celebrate I made you all a video, but the power has been going out a lot so I haven't had time to upload it. I'll post it when I return. (Kenya is officially doing electricity rationing - no power for 3 days a week!)

So just a quick update tonight, but before I go...since I won't be around a computer tomorrow....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!!
you're almost tweeeennttyyyyy!!!! oh wait...
ha. i love you mooch!!! parttyyy!!!!