Wednesday, October 19, 2011

kenya

So in case you haven't been keeping up with the news on my side of the world, here's an update.

In the past month, four people have been kidnapped from Kenya by Somalis. In response to these kidnappings, Kenya has sent troops into Somalia this week. There have been threats from al-Shabab, a terrorist group, of attacks on Kenya unless the troops withdraw.
We have been advised to use extra caution in the city.

Please keep Kenya and it's leadership in your prayers.
Obviously, I am free from living a life led by fear, but it is a pretty stark reminder of what a fallen world we live in.

I am no exception.
Earlier this week I was having a hard time with some things in my past-words I wish I had never spoken, unnecessary hurts. I couldn't shake this feeling of just how 'messed up' I really am. But then I remembered some of the best words I've ever heard...
"Position yourself under the waterfall of grace."

And I only share any of this, because I'm sure someone reading this needs to be reminded...there's nothing we can do to make God stop loving us. His grace is bigger than our mess-ups. Boy am I thankful for a great Savior who loves this great sinner.

In the words of porky pig...
"That's all folks!"

2 comments:

Jonathan Tony said...

Grace is one of those things I have the hardest time getting. I just can't get this unending "waterfall" of grace that can wash over us constantly. I believe, it, I just don't get it. But that's why it must be God.

tanaconner said...

we just posted on each other's blog at the SAME TIME! twinsies.