Sunday, December 18, 2011

tanta claus is coming to town...

Where in the world is Tana Conner?! good question.

hello to my faithful few! :)
sorry for the blogging hiatus.

The last week has been a little crazy and full of...

lots of travel, two 18 hour bus rides, sleeping next to a very, smelly african, catching up with old friends, saying goodbye to new friends, chocolate, hiking table mountain, the beach!!, lots of coffee, sunburns, travel delays because men on my bus got arrested?!, very little sleep, morning run in the rain, crying like a little baby as my plane took off from nairobi, weird languages, too many cape town hipsters, vineyards in the mountains, not enough showers, beautiful landscapes, awesome sunsets, too many hours on a plane, biltong (a south african meat), driving on africa's busiest highway, people watching, etc.

The list could go on and on.
I left Kenya last Sunday, and yes, cried a lot on the plane, and arrived late in Johannesburg. Everything in Joburg went so smoothly and then I took a really, really long bus ride to Cape Town. (I can't do anything for 18 hours straight...especially sit on a bus.) Cape Town was a blast - so beautiful, despite the rainy/cold weather.
And now I`m sitting in London (in a tank top and flip flops, ha!) and will head to America this afternoon. Crazy.

Please pray for me this upcoming week - I am meeting with the director of the mission I am looking at coming back to East Africa with about opportunities for me in the future.
This week away from Kenya was good for me - I am feeling so thankful and blessed and excited about the future...even though I have no idea what it looks like. But seeing more and more confirmation that Kenya is where I am supposed to be.

Today as I landed in London they told me "Happy Christmas" and my lil heart got so full. I honestly have completely forgotten about Christmas. It's summer in Africa so it just didn't feel much like it. But I am so thankful I am getting to be near my family during this season.

Hoping to get to blogging regularly again, but if not...Happy Christmas folks.
I really love you guys.
Can't wait to catch up with some of you in person in the next few months!

[apologies for the messiness of this blogpost. I blame any typos or jumbled thoughts on my lack of sleep.]

No comments: