Friday, April 20, 2012

another running post.

running is currently my favorite hobby. and favorite part about my day.

for Easter, the family went camping up in Alabama. Brad and I got in a good trail run.
cousin run.

Today I went on a 10 miler (not on purpose!!!) and saw this. Not sure if it's for real or not, but it made me laugh.


Speaking of runs - so this MudRun I am helping plan, remember that thing - it's really blown up! We have reached almost 1600 racers!! The response has been incredible! I have never planned an event of this size...ever!
It's a little crazy at times...okay, a lot crazy at times - but when I sit back and remember why we are doing it, it's all worth it. All of the money we raise is going to help kids in need - with schooling, clothes, food, etc.
And so far, with so many registrants, we've raised a lot of money!

If you know me, you know organization and lots of detail are not my area of expertise! So this has been a huge learning experience for me. Now I could probably plan your wedding, or birthday party, or cinco-de-mustache party. just sayin...

Today I really, really missed Kenya. I missed my life there. I missed the fullness and purpose that filled each day. I know that I can have that in America too, it just looks different here.
I feel like I got kicked off my bike and am back on it trying to ride, but I'm still a little wobbly. :/
I also know "nostalgia" and I have a love-hate relationship.
There is purpose in every season and place. I know that regardless of how I "feel".

peace out, to the faithful few :)



No comments: