Tuesday, January 4, 2011

let it bee.

"You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.” -winnie the pooh

Check out this post from Matt Chandler.
Inspiration.
All about inspirations.
I ask myself that question a lot, “What makes me feel most alive?”
And I’ve tried to be consistent in pursuing those things. It’s definitely easy to lose sight of that though.
So perhaps I’ll share my lists in the next post?
You should do it too!

So, I wouldn’t normally do this, but I’m under the impression that most of the people who read my blog know me in some sense. And a lot of you may have even visited here because of the letters I sent out about my trip to Africa.
So I’m going to ask you for your prayers.
To keep it brief, we are having a few issues with some of my work permits that allow me to work overseas. Because I am technically “working” in Kenya, I have to have special permits and a work visa.

How can you pray? I’m not really sure, to be honest. I would ask you to pray for clarity for me…about my next steps and what not, but I don’t think God’s answer is always “clarity”. In fact many times, I think things are left unclear in order for me to really trust in His plan.
But again, I'll be very honest...
I am having a hard time waiting.
A big part of me would like the next few months completely mapped out - with no obstacles or "up-in-the-airs" but that's just not the case. I feel like there are a lot of areas in my life with question marks. Which is okay...but difficult sometimes.
Everybody wants security here on earth, but even if everything "safe" and "familiar" left my life....I know my feet are planted on the Rock...the God who encompasses all that is safe and secure.
Ultimately I know God will work things out for good. He always does.
And this is nothing...just a small bump. And what's life without bumps? booooorrriiinnnggg ;)

Speaking of bumps...sprained my ankle on an 18-miler. Shhh...don't tell my mom. (although she'll probably read this. hi mom!)
should be back in business by the end of the week. fingers crossed.

Going to NY next monday. Excited and nervous!

Thankful for my church, The Journey.

Thank you all in advance.
-T

No comments: