I've been watching my stats on this blog, and I've had quite a few visitors around here recently.
I'm curious.
What do people like to read in a blog?
No really. Tell me.
pictures, videos, thoughts, stories....??
Because I know what I look for in a blog, but I'm finding my own doesn't really reflect that.
So it makes me ask the question, "Tana, would you read your own blog?"
Interesting.
Here's what I found in most of the blogs I regularly read:
- they are written by people I love (maybe that's what I got going for me. ha)
- design based: typography, graphic design, print, etc.
- short: I tend to read shorter posts rather than longer ones
- creative: I like to see what people create
- travel: I live to hear about people's travels, new places/experiences
- funny is good. a lil humor is always nice.
Anyways, "blogging" is a weird concept, but I don't hate it.
At the end of the day, I don't think I'll really change much about the things I post.
Just curious. :)
Tell me what you think.
Unasema nini unafikiri.
Tana
7 comments:
pretty sure i like the same things you listed... i like reading your blog Tana - fo reals.
P.S. another way to say "tell me" is "niambie" just a lil swahili lesson :)
*ding ding ding* The first one... :)
Really, I find I like to know what people are thinking about because it reveals a little more of their personality. Anyone can see the outward, which personally I can say is sometimes a lie, but very few get the inward. A blog is one more level of knowing Tana, it's below a journal (which mostly is for yourself) and the personal conversations and letters we send to each other, but far above the exterior.
Like a laffy taffy, I don't want the wrapper. I want the candy and the jokes on the inside. :)
Oh yeah, that be me... ^^^ -MP
i read it for words like "bloggy blog"
My RSS reader is entirely people that I know well or want to know better. And I respect their opinions and think there's a lot that I can learn from them.
These are the most important for me. The other stuff you mentioned is good, but it's lagniappe. That's me at least. I do kind of want to start keeping track of more design/travel/create based blogs though.
I agree with reading short entries vs. long ones. I'm always a skimmer unless it's someone I know well.
I like things that make the blog personable; I think I've mostly quit reading any blogs that only post content (without some personal stories/touches.)
Pretty photos are a must.
wow- i just saw all these comments! i didn't think anyone had said anything!
thanks guys. good to know.
leese- asante!
mp - oh those laffy taffys!
mal- have to stay true to myself
travis- ill take that as a compliment
mooch- im definitely a skimmer too.
Post a Comment