Friday, August 19, 2011

opposite?

Funny how some days you just have more hope than others.

This morning I woke up, with a lot of hope. expectant hope.
Maybe it was because my temporary roommates had made fresh bran muffins and coffee... :)
No, im kidding, but that was very nice.

Either way, I woke up and was greeted by my dear friend, hope.
So as most of you who are reading this, were still sleeping cozy in your beds, I began praying.
Praying that when you wake up this morning, you too would feel the hope and joy that is promised to us.
Because regardless of whether today is any special day for you, or just the end to another "normal" week, there is still a lot of good in store for us in these 24 hours.

I was challenged a few weeks ago by one of the bees, staci, who just sent me a text that simply said:
"today i have so much hope."
It's not like anything crazy, special happened that day, but her act of recognizing the hope promised to us, was encouraging and challenging to me.

The promises of God are to be taken at their face value.

I hope I'm not becoming a romanticist being over here, impractical in my ways of thinking.
I'd like to think its just a little "relentless optimism." right jon tony?

"Whatever desire the Father permits to live in the heart of one of His saints, He will grant the fulfillment thereof."

KIPMIF.


[africa is good btw. :) the days have been overcast and chilly, but the nights are cool and clear. work has been busy. thankful for good, simple times with friends here]

No comments: