I had a great weekend.
Friday night I had 3 girls stay over. We made pesto pasta and salad and for dessert made some awesome "coffee chocolate chunk" cookies. so yummy! it was just good to spend time together, talking about some of our ups and downs in kenya.
Saturday was the big film premier. We had a screening at a local theater and invited different people that work at AIM and others in the community. It was a really special time, and super encouraging too. It was a pretty cool experience to work so hard for so many months and then see the final product on the big screen!
Saturday night I stayed over with my friend Ali. She is staying in a house that is way outside of Nairobi and it is just absolutely beautiful! amazing!! it is this wonderful, cute cottage looking house nestled away in the middle of all these acres of tea fields! i felt like i was staying in a rain forest!
This morning we woke up early and went running overlooking these rolling hills and tea fields. It was breathtaking!
I looked out and just thought to myself, "Now this...this is Africa." (TIA) Sometimes I have to remind myself where I am. And sometimes...it simply just blows me away. :)
Tonight I played some dutch blitz at youth group. loooooove that game.
Then made some chocolate muffins for staff meeting tomorrow.
Ironically, Monday may just be my favorite day of the week.
All in all it was just a really perfect weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment